Friday, December 7, 2012

My Favorite Ansel Adams Photo

ANSEL ADAMS
     Ansel Adams was a great photographer who took many interesting pictures.  This post is about one of my favorites, a photo entitled "North Dome, Royal Arches, Washington Column, and Mount Watkins, sunrise".  It was taken in Yosemite Valley around 1936.  
     This photo is probably my favorite because it is a scenic photo and is basically just cool.  I like the way the trees and plants in the foreground are in pretty sharp focus, whereas the rocks in the background are in a somewhat softer focus.  
     If I had been there, I may not have snapped a photo, but I understand why Mr. Adams did.  I would enjoy seeing it and the surrounding area in person.  Perhaps I will someday!

- Ian Laird      
RADICAL THINKER    

No comments:

Post a Comment